Working at Southwinds
Southwinds’ Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) provide direct care to adults with developmental disabilities in their homes by assisting them to develop and maintain skills that promote their independence. Some of these individuals require a minimal amount of support such as assistance with household chores, getting ready for work, running errands, or going out in the community. Others may require a greater level of assistance with day-to-day tasks such as bathing, eating and getting dressed.
No experience is necessary for employment as a Direct Support Professional. Upon hire, staff are fully trained by Southwinds’ management team to prepare them to meet the needs of the individuals they will work with. Through our orientation program and on-site training, as well as annual training courses covering a variety of topics, our Direct Support Professionals are prepared to help the individuals who call Southwinds home live healthier and happier lives!
- Generous health insurance package (health, dental and vision)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan with employer match for eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, personal and holidays
- Credit Union
- Merit based pay raises and bonuses (budget permitting)
- Employee recognition
- Employee recreation opportunities
- Comprehensive, paid orientation/training program
- Meals provided during work hours
- Comfortable, safe environment in South Hills communities
- Certified Nurse Aid (CNA) training program available at no cost
Current Job Openings
We are currently recruiting Direct Support Professional positions for full-time and part-time positions with set hours up to 40 per week, or substitute positions with flexibility. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Southwinds is an Equal Opportunity Employer.